Pruning is the process of removing specific branches from a tree or shrub. It’s one of the best things you can do for the trees and shrubs on your property. Removing unwanted or dead branches can improve the structure of trees and make them visually attractive once again. It’s an excellent way to direct new, healthy growth.
Homeowners that want to maintain their home’s curb appeal may try to prune themselves. However, pruning is more than just cutting dead or unwanted branches. Specific methods are used, and incorrectly applying them can ruin the look of trees and shrubs. Let us do the work! The Grounds Guys have years of experience and know how to prune trees and shrubs correctly. Keep reading to learn why tree pruning services are essential.
Pruning benefits trees in numerous ways, such as:
- Increasing their lifespan
- Improving appearance
- Reducing the likelihood of disease
- Increasing growth by removing blocks to sunlight
- Lowering the chance of property damage in a windstorm
- Helping trees stay structurally sound
Types of Trees and Shrubs We Prune
From freeing up a full canopy to allow more sunlight to come through to fine-tuning a tree and size management, The Grounds Guys can assist. Common plants our residential pruning service covers include the following:
- Oak trees: We recommend pruning oak trees every two to three years. Regular pruning is an excellent way to keep a well-maintained tree and ensures that the branches don't get too thin or too long.
- Maple trees: Pruning a maple tree helps maintain a desirable size and assists in developing an excellent branch structure. By carefully removing branches, our experts can minimize or eliminate structural issues.
- Rose bushes: Pruning rose bushes is an excellent way to promote flowering. Pruning is essential because it helps prevent disease.
- Hedges: Shrubs can get very thick if they're not pruned correctly, which can prevent sunlight from penetrating them and stunting their growth. Cutting back on the branches allows sunlight to get in and allows flowers or fruits to blossom.
Are you concerned about the condition of the trees on your property? Do you have trees not listed here? Contact us, and we'll be happy to provide an on-site evaluation of your trees to discuss how our pruning services will benefit your landscape.
Types of Pruning We Offer
The Grounds Guys offer various pruning methods, as different trees and shrubs have different goals. We provide the following types of pruning:
Crown thinning: This is an excellent way to open the tree's canopy so sunlight and air can come through the branches, leaves, and lawn below.
Deadwood removal: Large amounts of deadwood is not a great look on trees. Deadwood removal improves the tree's balance and makes it aesthetically pleasing.
Shaping: This technique improves the structure and long-term health of trees and shrubs.
Seeking Residential Pruning Services?
Have you found yourself asking, “Where are the best pruning services near me?” You can count on The Grounds Guys for expert tree pruning services.! Our team of pruning experts have years of experience and make safety a priority when pruning and trimming trees and shrubs. We take pride in helping homeowners maintain healthy, beautiful trees and shrubs in their landscapes. We stand by the Neighborly Done Right Promise™, so we’ll make it right if you’re not entirely satisfied with our tree pruning services.
We can prune both the trees and shrubs on your property to ensure they maintain aesthetic and symmetric integrity. Call The Grounds Guys for a free estimate or to schedule a pruning appointment for your trees or shrubs.