Sod Installation Services for Lasting Beauty
Sod installation might sound like a DIY job, but it’s something that’s best left to a team of experienced professionals. The process of removing old grass and weeds, grading the soil, and installing sod is a labor-intensive job. Let The Grounds Guys of Helotes, TX install your sod to ensure it's done right the first time. If your sod isn't correctly installed, you risk experiencing drainage problems, under or over-watering, and a multitude of other problems. When we visit your home for full-service sod installation, you can expect us to:
- Remove your old grass and weeds from the soil
- Amend the soil as needed
- Grade the soil to ensure it’s level and has proper drainage
- Install high-quality sod using industry best practices
- Set up sprinklers or irrigation to ensure it's adequately watered
Why Do Homeowners Install Sod?
Having a beautiful, lush residential property is a priority for many homeowners. There are several reasons people have sod professionally installed, including:
- You plan to sell your home and want to increase its value and curb appeal.
- A healthy, lush lawn makes it easier for you and your family to enjoy your yard and make lasting memories.
- You recently moved, and your new home’s lawn is in poor condition.
- You’re hosting a special event at your home and need a healthy lawn for your guests.
- Your current lawn needs improvement, or the grass seed you plant struggles to grow and thrive.
How to Care for Your New Sod
Once we’ve installed your brand-new sod lawn, you’ll need to follow some simple care instructions to ensure it continues growing healthy and strong. Fresh sod lawns require a different type of maintenance routine than traditional lawns. The following steps will help ensure your fresh sod lawn grows healthy and attractive:
- Week One – It's essential not to allow your new sod to dry out, but also try to avoid overwatering it. You can do this by watering it three or four times daily for five to ten minutes. Avoid watering in the evening after sundown, and don't walk on it for at least two weeks.
- Week Two – Water the entire lawn for 30 minutes a day. You can split this up into two 15-minute sessions if needed.
- Week Three & Beyond – You can now mow your lawn, but be sure to keep the mower deck high. After your sod lawn has been installed for six weeks, it should be fertilized.
Sod Installation vs. Seeding
Are you wondering if installing sod or planting grass seed is better for your residential property? Seeding takes longer than sod installation, sometimes several months if the weather isn't agreeable. If you want to grow a lush lawn quickly, sod is the perfect solution. No matter what lawn shape you have, we can install your sod so it moves perfectly around your yard's features. If you aren’t sure if sod installation services are right for your lawn, we’re happy to discuss your needs and point you in the right direction.
Contact The Grounds Guys of Helotes, TX Today
When you want a beautiful, lush lawn that’s the envy of your neighbors, you can count on the experts at The Grounds Guys of Helotes, TX. We have years of experience providing comprehensive lawn care solutions for homeowners throughout Boerne, TX, and the surrounding areas, including Helotes and San Antonio. We’re confident you’ll be impressed with our residential sod installation services, and our team will ensure it becomes properly established so it looks beautiful for years to come. Our experts will ensure your sod becomes established and looks beautiful for years to come. We install the highest quality of sod and are happy to answer any questions, whether you're curious about our sod installation process or want an estimate for sod installation cost. Contact us today to learn more or request a job estimate to get started!