Trim Trees to Get Them Ready for Next Year
Trees are definitely a vital part of our environment. They offer local wildlife a place to live, provide oxygen for us to live and keep your yard beautiful. Fall is the best time for preparing your yard for next spring and The Grounds Guys® has some great tips for trimming trees.
Having trees in your yard that thrive does require some maintenance for it to truly thrive. Part of this upkeep involves:
- Keeping your trees trimmed
- Making sure your branches aren’t touching any power lines
- Prepping your trees (and other plants for winter)
- Making sure your trees get the nutrients they need
This month, we want to encourage you to use the following, tree-trimming steps:
- Make sure to only trim branches that have V-shaped narrow angles
- Try to prune only branches that are young or weak-looking
- It is best to only trim the skinnier branches yourself. If you trim the thicker branches, you could hurt yourself or your tree, as this may be a vital branch
- Trim these smaller branches at their base, or where they break off from their main, larger branch.
- Branches should never touch power lines. This could be hazardous to your tree, the power lines and yourself. They could even cause power outages.
If you have a tree branch that is touching a power line or you need help cutting a big branch, call The Grounds Guys. They can help with all of your residential or commercial yard work.
For Further Reading: