If keeping your property clean is important to you, power washing is a solution that might interest you. Power washing, also known as pressure washing, is a method of cleaning outdoor surfaces with a high-pressure jet of water. The water comes out of a handheld nozzle attached to a hose, which is subsequently attached to a water source. The prevalence of power washing has increased over the years as an easy way to clean large surfaces with little effort.
Areas to Use a Power Washer
The high-pressure jet of water from a power washer can be used to clean many surfaces, including:
- Exterior walls, awnings, gutters and roofs of homes and commercial buildings
- Wooden decks and concrete steps
- Driveways, streets, sidewalks and parking lots
- Cars, planes, trains and construction equipment
- Drive-thrus, gas stations, loading docks and other commercial areas
Power washers leave a surface cleaner than before by removing all sorts of debris, including:
- Chemical spills
- Bubble gum
- Dirt, grease and grime
- Chipping paint
- Bird droppings
Why Using a Professional is Best
It’s possible to rent or purchase your own power washer, but instead of worrying about how to choose a power washer, it’s best to leave the job to a professional. Here are five reasons why:
- A pro has experience: Power washing can be performed at various pressures and the sweet spot can be hard to find. Too little pressure and you’ll only press the grime deeper into the surface, especially if that surface is wood. Too much pressure and you could etch the surface. A pro knows where this sweet spot is based on the material and the debris you’re hoping to remove.
- A pro has the best equipment: You can rent a power washer, but it’s unlikely you’ll have access to the latest equipment. A professional comes with all the necessary gizmos and gadgets for whatever your job may require.
- No work for you: Yes, you need to pay labor fees when you hire a professional to power wash your building, but the time you save by delegating the work is definitely worth it. Just think what you can do with that extra time – get other work done, spend time with your family, get some much needed relaxation time in – the possibilities are endless.
- Safety and insurance: In some situations, very hot water is needed to clean a particular surface. This could scald your skin if you do the job yourself. In addition to this safety consideration, professionals come with insurance. In the unlikely situation that your property is damaged during the job, you won’t be held responsible. The same can’t be said if you attempt a DIY job.
- Eco-friendliness: Are you familiar with the EPA’s rules and regulations for power washing? Instead of spending a day reading up on everything and sweating over your compliance, let the pros handle it. They have all the right equipment to make the job as “green” as possible so you don’t get in trouble with any government agencies.
Choose The Grounds Guys® for Power Washing Services
With all the gunk that has built up on your property over the years, are you ready for a little rejuvenation? Turn to The Grounds Guys for power washing services. Our team is experienced with providing a safe, effective cleaning of any outdoor surface you have in mind. We’re also careful to exercise eco-friendly practices to reduce the impact the power washing job has on the environment.
If you’re ready to sit back and relax while we take care of the power washing, please contact The Grounds Guys today.