Do you feel like your home or business is left in the dark at night? Whether you’re hoping to increase safety or improve the aesthetics of your building, landscape lighting is the perfect answer to help shed light on your home or business.
Check out these tips from The Grounds Guys on the benefits you can expect from landscape lighting and some of the options you have in landscape lighting:
- Outdoor safety – Getting around in the dark can be tricky, but properly illuminated paths and stairways reduce the chance of losing your balance or tripping over objects in the dark.
- Security – Dark spaces are great hiding places for night prowlers. Illuminating a property with lighting, including motion sensors and remote control lights, offer overnight security. Motion sensors automatically turn on when they sense movement whereas you can turn on remote control lights from your bedroom if you think you hear something strange outside, sending prowlers running for the hills.
- Entertainment – Residential landscape lighting brings light to your back patio or front porch, you can continue the festivities well into the evening.
- Decoration – Highlighting architectural elements or foliage helps increase curb appeal at night and is a great way to accent your home or business’ best features.
- Low-voltage lights use long lasting, energy-efficient bulbs and provide a reliable, affordable option for outdoor lighting.
- Solar-powered lights are the most affordable option, but they can’t be installed in the shade and may not remain illuminated all night if preceded by an overcast day.
Light bulbs designed for outdoor use come in a variety of sizes, colors, and wattages. The most common types of bulbs are incandescent, halogen and LED. While LED bulbs are generally the most expensive, they last the longest and consume the least amount of energy.
Styles of Lighting
Illuminate your property with a variety of outdoor lights, including:
- Pendant lights
- Flush mounted lamps
- Post lights
- Flood lights for security
- String lights
- Garden lighting
- Outdoor wall lights
- Outdoor ceiling fan/light fixture
- Motion activated lights
- Remote control lights
- Holiday lighting
Clearly, there’s a lot to think about when choosing outdoor lighting. Whether you’re hoping to increase safety or improve the aesthetics of your building, landscape lighting could be exactly what you’re looking for. The Grounds Guys® specializes in installing, maintaining, repairing and replacing outdoor fixtures on residential and commercial properties.
For more tips on landscape lighting, click here.