Sod Installed by Trained & Experienced Professionals
Sod installation is not a DIY job and takes much more than just a little elbow grease. Sod is an investment in your home and property, so hiring a professional to install it makes sense. If you’ve been searching for “sod installation near me” or “sod installers near me,” you’ve come to the right place. The Grounds Guys of McKinney install sod for homeowners in Gunter, Weston, and Celina, TX. Our team will keep you informed throughout the sod installation process and answer any questions you may have. Once we arrive at your home, we will follow this process:
- Remove old grass and weeds from the soil
- Amend the soil as needed
- Grade the soil to ensure it’s level and drains well
- Install the sod using industry best practices
- Set up sprinklers or irrigation to make sure the sod gets plenty of water
How to Care for Fresh Sod
After our professionals install sod at your home, you will need to follow some sod care tips. Fresh sod needs a different type of maintenance routine than a traditional lawn does. Avoid having a picnic on your new lawn or creating perfect mow lines. Follow these steps to ensure your fresh sod lawn becomes healthy and attractive:
- Avoid overwatering your sod, but be sure you don’t allow the sod to dry out. You’ll want to water your sod three or four times a day for five to ten minutes at a time.
- Do not water your sod in the evening. Get all of your watering done before sundown.
- Do not walk on your new sod lawn for at least two weeks. Foot traffic can cause problems for fresh sod.
- Water your sod lawn for 30 minutes a day. You can split this up into two 15-minute sessions if needed.
Week Three & Beyond
- After your new sod lawn has been in place for three weeks, you can mow it. Keep your mower deck high, and do not mow more than one-third of the length of the grass blades.
- After your sod lawn has been installed for six weeks, you will want to fertilize it.
Expert Sod Installation & Maintenance Services
If you aren’t comfortable with the above sod maintenance steps, you can leave the job to our professionals. The Grounds Guys of McKinney offers professional lawn maintenance services for homeowners. Our experts will ensure your sod becomes established and looks beautiful for years to come. We install the highest quality of sod for the North Texas region. Warm-season grasses we can install include various types of Bermuda, Zoysia, and St. Augustine grass. Contact us today to schedule service or request your estimate.