Professional Sod Installation Services in Baton Rouge, LA
Full Service Sod Installation for Homeowners
We understand the importance of a lush, green lawn. The Grounds Guys of Baton Rouge offer professional sod installation services for homeowners in Baton Rouge, LA. Grass seed helps your lawn grow, but it needs the perfect weather conditions and constant maintenance. Our professional landscaping technicians install sod for your yard, so you don’t need to wait a long time for a stunning yard. You can trust our experts to do the job perfectly the first time.
Our Sod Installation Process
Leave sod installation to our trained professionals. Our sod installers will help you understand the process and keep you informed as we lay your sod. Our sod installation process typically includes the following:
- Removal of existing grass and weeds
- Tend to the soil if necessary
- Grade the soil to ensure it is level and can adequately drain
- Install your new sod utilizing eco-friendly practices
- Set up the irrigation and sprinkler system for proper hydration
Benefits of Sod Installation
When you want a gorgeous green yard, sod installation is a perfect choice. The most significant benefits of sod installation include the following:
- Since sod is already established, rooting into your existing yard will only take a few weeks.
- Sod installation grows better in shaded areas where grass seeds will not germinate.
- Traditional seeding often leads to more weed growth than sod installation.
- Unlike grass seed, sod does not wash away.
Caring for New Sod
Fresh sod needs maintenance to ensure it reaches its full potential. The first few weeks after sod installation is critical. It’s important to avoid mowing the new sod or playing a game of front-yard football on it. Other important things to remember when caring for your new sod include:
· Water the sod before sundown.
· Do not overwater the sod, or it will dry out.
· Refrain from walking on your new sod for two weeks.
· You should water your sod for 30 minutes daily.
Week Three & On
· You can mow your lawn three weeks after sod installation, remembering to keep the mower deck high.
· Fertilize your new sod six weeks after installation.
Why Choose The Ground Guys of Baton Rouge?
The Ground Guys of Baton Rouge always put your needs first. Our licensed, certified, and experienced landscapers know how to make your lawn the best on the block. We proudly offer Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas with comprehensive landscaping services. We customize our sod installation services to meet the needs of your home. Our experts will help you understand the best ways to keep your sod in optimal health and help you have a healthy lawn.
Contact The Ground Guys of Baton Rouge
The Ground Guys of Baton Rouge proudly provides sod maintenance services to help maintain the beauty of your lawn. Our professional lawn maintenance team is always here for you. We will ensure your sod transforms into a lush, green lawn. We always offer free estimates and guarantee all our products and services. Contact us today to request a free quote on sod installation services.