Lawn Fertilization in Oshkosh
Keep Your Lawn Happy & Healthy All Year Long
Your lawn deserves to look its best in every season, but the truth is that it won’t happen on its own. It takes a team of lawn fertilization professionals to care for and protect a lawn. At The Grounds Guys of Appleton and Oshkosh, we have the team, training, and tools needed, as well as extensive lawn care experience. When it comes to correctly fertilizing a lawn to encourage healthy growth and coloration, no one in the region knows as much as we do!
Call (920) 545-0032 to learn more about our services or to schedule one.
Why Should You Fertilize Your Lawn?
The only way to get a lawn looking as healthy as it can be is to fertilize it correctly. Water and sunshine simply are simply not enough to provide the soil and grass of your lawn all the nutrients they need to thrive. In Oshkosh, Wisconsin, the cold, wintry weather can make it particularly difficult for a lawn to happily grow, so it is all the more important to integrate fertilization into your landscaping routine.
A few other benefits to choosing lawn fertilization are:
- Eco-friendly: At The Grounds Guys of Appleton and Oshkosh, we pride ourselves in using the eco-friendly route whenever we can, including for lawn fertilization. There are plenty of fertilizers we can use on your lawn that are derived entirely from natural sources, chemicals, and substances.
- Proven: Lawn fertilization just works when it is done correctly by professionals. You can expect to see happier looking plants and shrubs and grass that grows faster and stronger.
- Cost-effective: We strive to keep all of our services affordable and competitively priced. Lawn fertilization is a customer favorite because it is usually one of the most cost-effective options out there due to the ease of application and good availability of materials.
Best Time to Fertilize Your Lawn
Fertilizing a lawn is not as simple as grabbing a bag of fertilizer and sprinkling it over the grass. In fact, when it is done professionally, it becomes a scientific process that hinges on the time of year and the type of fertilizer used.
The secret to getting the most out of lawn fertilization is applying the fertilizer when the soil is 55 degrees Fahrenheit. At this temperature, most soils used in residential and commercial applications absorb fertilizer easily and can begin to process and redistribute the chemical components. Our Oshkosh lawn fertilization specialists know the best days of the year to apply fertilizer based on the seasonal temperature.
We also know the right fertilizer mixtures based on the plant life in your lawn and landscapes. Typically, fertilizers use a unique mix of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. We’ll find the right mix to give your lawn the best chance at staying healthy through all seasons.
Only Let a Pro Fertilize Your Lawn
When it comes to fertilizing a lawn, it is possible to have too much of a good thing. Overfertilization is a mistake we often see rookie competitors do because they think more fertilizer always means a healthier lawn. But this is simply untrue.
Overfertilizing a lawn or applying the wrong type of fertilizer mixture can cause:
- Discoloration: An incorrectly fertilized lawn may start to show strange colors, like a brighter green caused by the fertilizer. Or brown spots may start to form as parts of the lawn lose their health.
- Patchy growth: Ideally, your lawn’s grass will grow uniformly and evenly. Placing too much fertilizer in one space and not enough in another can cause unusual patchy growth that is displeasing to the eye and difficult to correct.
- Diseased grasses: Overfertilization can also encourage the spread of diseases that only affect grasses and weeds. This effect can be triggered also by using the wrong fertilizer, such as one with too high a salt concentration.
As you can see, lawn fertilization is something you should only leave up to the professionals. To make certain your Oshkosh home’s lawn is treated right, trust in The Grounds Guys each and every time.
See the difference great lawn care can make. Contact us at any time to schedule a service.