Professional Sod Installation Service in Winter Park, FL
Residential Sod Installation Service for Homeowners
The lawn care professionals at The Grounds Guys of Winter Park, FL have years of experience helping homeowners grow healthy, lush lawns throughout Winter Park, FL and the surrounding areas, including Downtown Orlando and College Park. Our experts provide professional residential lawn installation to bring an instant yard to your home. Growing a lawn from seed takes time, effort, the right weather conditions, and patience. When you call The Grounds Guys, you can have a beautiful lawn without doing all the extra leg work.
Our residential sod installation service will enhance the look of your lawn while providing dense, long-lasting grass that’s incredibly easy to maintain. Our team does everything involved in the process, including expert sod installation, fertilization, and watering consultation. As one of the region’s most trusted lawn care companies offering professional grass sod installation service, we offer competitive, upfront pricing. Our team is experienced in installing sod for new and existing homes. Contact us today for your free sod installation service estimate!
Full Service Sod Installation by Experienced Professionals
Sod installation is a job best left to a team of lawn care professionals. Installing sod is an investment in your home and property, so hiring a professional to ensure it’s done right is essential. If you’ve been searching for a professional sod installation service near you, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll keep you informed throughout the sod installation process and answer any questions you may have. Once we arrive at your home, our process involves:
- Removing old grass and weeds from the soil
- Amending the soil as needed
- Grading the soil to ensure its level and drains well
- Installing the sod using industry best practices
- Set up sprinklers or irrigation to ensure the sod gets plenty of water
How to Care for Fresh Sod
One of the key benefits of having a sod lawn is the lack of maintenance involved. Once installed, you don't have to do much to keep it in good condition. The first few weeks following your residential sod installation require scheduled watering, but it's extremely easy to care for once your lawn is established. After our lawn care experts install your sod lawn, it must be watered properly and sufficiently to ensure the new sod takes root in the ground beneath. Follow these tips to ensure your new sod lawn establishes properly:
- First Week – During the first week following your sod installation, you will want to water it three to four times a day for five to ten minutes, depending on your climate. You should avoid watering in the evening. Don’t allow foot traffic on your new lawn for at least two weeks. While you don’t want to water your new sod lawn too much, you also don’t want it to dry out. This is important for Florida homeowners due to the hot climate.
- Second Week – Once you’ve gotten to the two-week mark, you can water your lawn for 30 minutes daily, twice daily if necessary, to avoid letting the sod dry out. You should ensure the water is evenly dispersed throughout the yard.
- Third Week & Beyond – Once your sod lawn has been installed for three weeks, you can mow the grass. Keep the mower deck high, and never mow more than 1/3 the length of the grass blades.
- Six Weeks – To ensure your new sod lawn remains green and lush, you should fertilize your new sod three to four times throughout the growing season.
Contact The Grounds Guys of Winter Park, FL Today!
You can count on The Grounds Guys of Winter Park, FL to deliver when you need an instantly beautiful, healthy, and lush lawn. We’ll help you turn your residential yard into a stunning green space with our professional lawn sod installation services. With years of experience providing professional landscaping and lawn care services to home and business owners throughout Winter Park, FL and the surrounding areas, including Downtown Orlando and College Park, The Grounds Guys are licensed, certified, and fully equipped to meet all your needs.
Whether you want to improve your existing lawn or build a new home that needs residential sod lawn installation, we can provide lawn care solutions customized to your property's needs, personal preferences, and budget. Contact our team today to find out more about our residential grass sod installation services and request a free job estimate. We look forward to hearing from you!