In season seven’s fourth episode, The Grounds Guys of Franklin Franchisee Ricky Scott and his team enhanced the couple’s landscaping to make an impressive first impression for potential buyers.
Need to increase your home’s resale value?
As a general guideline, homeowners should aim to invest 10 percent of a home’s value in landscaping. This is especially true if you are considering selling, because homebuyers will be more enthusiastic about touring a home that looks inviting on the outside. You can view highlights of the power of landscaping from this episode in these two The Grounds Guys' segments: https://youtu.be/RYiNzXIH-Ag and https://youtu.be/aN77CBkcAUk.
- Hardscapes can add function and character to any yard. Some examples include:
- Sidewalks/stepping stones
- Fireplaces/fire pits
- Retaining walls
- The front door/entrance should always be the focal point from the street view. An interesting walkway from the driveway to the front of the house with colorful plants and flowers creates an impressive welcome for guests and potential buyers.
- If a lawn’s appearance is boring, incorporate some color by adding flowering shrubs or trees. The best planting advice is to cover all seasons for visual interest with continuous color, texture, smell and touch and emotion they can evoke. Remember, warm color creates a sense of excitement and anticipation like reds (azaleas), oranges and yellows, while the cool colors like white, blue (delphinium), purple (clematis) and green create a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Keeping flower beds, tree rings and hard edges crisp creates a look of a well-maintained landscape enticing buyers to get a closer look. Edging can consist of many different options including a natural appearance to borders created from other materials.
The Grounds Guys offers residential and commercial lawn care, maintenance, hardscape, landscape lighting services and much more. Contact us if you need help taking these tasks and improvement projects off your To Do list.