Creative Ways to Reuse Tree Stumps & Branches
Spring is finally here and that means it’s time to spring-clean your house and yard to make them as beautiful and fresh as possible. For some of you, spring-cleaning projects may have included pruning or cutting down trees. If you find yourself with some old tree branches, stumps or logs, find creative ways to repurpose them and use them to jazz up your landscaping!
Here are a few ideas on recycling old tree stumps or branches into something new and beautiful for your lawn or yard:
Use a log or stump to make a side table for your patio.
- A small table made from a tree stump is the perfect rustic addition to your patio décor. You can opt to use this simple piece outside on the patio, or even inside in a bedroom or living room.
Use wood slices to create a “tiled” path in your yard or garden.
- Add an interesting touch to your backyard with a walkway made of sliced wood!
A slightly hollowed out tree trunk or stump makes a beautiful planter.
- Instead of getting rid of that old tree stump, hollow it out and add flowers to create an unusual planter.
Use stumps to create small stools or chairs.
- Create an outdoor sitting area with chairs made from old wood. This unique seating area for your backyard will add charm to your patio and be inviting to your guests.
Drill holes in thick tree branches to create tea light or candle holders.
- This easy project with branches creates perfect décor for indoor or outdoor lighting. You can make these rustic candleholders in any size you like.
Up cycle sticks or branches into pretty plant markers for your garden.
- Organize your garden with these all-natural seed stakes made from recycled sticks.
Looking for a quick weekend wood project that everyone in the family will enjoy? Check out these creative tips on how to make coasters, ornaments, magnets, vases, or chalkboards from re-purposed wood.
If you find yourself still stumped this spring on picking the right trees for your home or business, The Grounds Guys can help. Give them a call for advice and help on choosing trees as well as other lawn and landscape services that will give you the curb appeal you desire.