Top 5 Lawn Facts for Spring
Spring is here and it is time to get your lawn ready. Get your thumb green with these top five facts for lawnscaping this spring.
- A smaller size lawn (50 ft. x 50 ft.) releases enough oxygen daily to meet the needs of a family of four for up to 24-hours. It also helps absorb carbon dioxide, ozone, hydrogen fluoride and other harmful toxins.
- On average, eight front yards have the cooling effect of about 70 tons of air conditioning, while the average home-size central air unit has only a three to four ton capacity.
- Lawns help purify water entering underground aquifers because root mass and soil microbes act as a filter to capture and breakdown many types of pollutants.
- The net cooling effect of a young, healthy tree is equivalent to ten room-size air conditioners operating 20 hours a day.
- Relax with the smell of fresh grass! According to a neuroscientist at the University of Queensland, freshly mowed grass carries three plant compounds that may act as a stress reliever.
Categories: Tips and Tricks